Home INSTITUTO CERVANTES
Instituto CervantesSol - Gran Vía
The Cervantes Institute is a public institution created by Spain in 1991 for the promotion and teaching of the Spanish language and the official languages and the dissemination of Spanish and Latin American culture. It is present in 90 cities in 43 countries on five continents.
It also has two locations in Spain, Madrid headquarters, it is located in Alcalá street, in what is known as the “Edificio de las Cariátides” (Caryatid Building), it was designed by the architects Antonio Palacios and Joaquín Otamendi to house the historic Río de la Plata Bank, and the headquarters of Alcala de Henares, and, within its multimedia platform, a portal on the Internet about the Spanish language and culture in Spanish: Virtual Center Cervantes.
OBJECTIVES AND TASKS
• General and special Spanish language courses as well as co-official languages in Spain.
• Issued on behalf of the Ministry of Education, Culture and Sports Diplomas of Spanish as a Foreign Language (DELE) and organize exams to obtain it.
• Update teaching methods and teacher training.
• Support the work of the Spanish scholars.
• Participate in outreach programs of the Spanish language.
• Cultural promotion activities in collaboration with other Spanish and Latin American organizations and institutions of the host countries.
• Make available to the public libraries provided with the most advanced technological means.
Banco de España Station (line 2)
BUS LINE (Interactive MAP)
1, 2, 5, 9, 10, 14, 15, 20, 27, 34, 37, 45, 46, 51, 52, 53, 74, 146, 150, M2
Cultural activities: variable timetable, consult website.
Library: Mon – Fri 09:00 – 15:00.
Reception: Mon – Fri 08:00 – 19:00.
What to do...?Shopping, Dining, typical bars ...
RESTAURANTS & BARS